Natural Lip Balm Recipes, a funny idea to spend time with friends or family or to create handmade gifts. Learn how to do it with our 5 super easy recipes.
With the arrival of the winter period, taking care of your lips becomes more and more a necessity. Indeed, lips are a real calling card, but how can we best protect them?
Very simple: with a gentle homemade lip balm. Focusing on do-it-yourself products is an excellent idea to ensure a guaranteed result.
These homemade lip balms are parabens-free, which could have unpleasant consequences.
Plus it’s fun, a good idea to spend a Sunday with friends or children or to create handmade gifts for the people you love.
The lips are an extremely delicate area, especially since they are exposed to many atmospheric agents.
Therefore, prevention and action by choosing natural and cost-free products are the perfect choices for anyone with specific problems such as chapping and dryness of the lips.
Prepare a DIY Lip Balm, Tips and Recipes
Disclosure: Some of our items contain affiliate links (as an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Preparing a lip balm at home is very simple, just a few ingredients and a little patience, and the result will be guaranteed.
The basic products, essential to use, are shea butter and cocoa butter and for those who love delicate smells, just use essential oils, available in any herbalist’s shop.
As for the container, just get a metal container like this or reuse that of an old conditioner, after having washed it carefully and meticulously.
Alternatively, you can purchase empty lip balm containers like these or something more professional like this.
With the right care, a homemade lip balm lasts for six months. Practical and functional, pour it into small containers, it will allow you to take it anywhere and use it at any time, especially on the coldest days.
The ingredients are easily available in any supermarket or herbalist’s shop or can be purchased online. Let’s now see 5 simple recipes to prepare a DIY lip balm.
Vanilla Lip Balm Recipe
The ingredients used for this recipe are few but essential:
- white chocolate
- vanilla flavoring
- 2 teaspoons of shea
- 0.5 milliliters (0,10 tsp) of vitamin E, is an optional and non-essential ingredient
Once you have all the ingredients, you need to follow a precise procedure for great success.
- Get a glass bowl and add two teaspoons of shea butter and a bit of grated white chocolate.
- Put the mixture on low heat in a bain-marie, be careful that the mixture does not burn.
- Add four drops of vanilla flavoring and five milliliters of Vitamin E.
- Blend the mixture well
- Pour it into a metal container and let it cool.
- After a few hours, your homemade cocoa butter lip balm will be ready and you can use it at any time.
Our tip: For an extra touch add some glitter powder
Sweet Orange Lip Balm
For lovers of autumn scents, this balm is the answer to all your needs. Coconut oil is a fundamental component of this lip balm, it nourishes the lips and regenerates them, in fact, it is mainly used in the composition of body oils. The ingredients are:
- 12 grams (2.5 tsp) of Shea butter
- 16 grams (3.2 tsp) of coconut oil
- 7 grams (1.4 tsp) of beeswax
- 8 drops of sweet orange oil
The procedure is very simple and within everyone’s reach.
- Equip yourself with a saucepan and add shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax.
- Melt these ingredients over low heat.
- Mix the mixture evenly and when it is completely liquid add the drops of sweet orange oil.
- At the end of the procedure, pour it into a container and let it cool for several hours.
- The lip balm is ready and can be carefully stored in the fridge for up to six months.
Our tip: Use a graduated Measuring Cylinder for dosing of the ingredients.
Chocolate Lip Balm
Chocolate is an excellent ingredient for a lip balm recipe.
Chocolate lip balm has a protective and nourishing function, especially for the winter months. In addition, it contains minerals and is rich in antioxidants and emollient properties.
The chocolate scent will entice you to eat it all, remember it’s just a lip conditioner. The ingredients to get are:
- 5 grams (1 tsp) of oil, exclusively from olive oil
- 20 grams (4 tsp) of beeswax
- 20 grams (4 tsp) of chocolate
- Vitamin E (optional)
The creation of a lip balm is very simple, the procedures are very similar, only the ingredients change.
- Melt the two main ingredients in a water bath: oil and beeswax.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add small drops of chocolate and for those who want it, a capsule of Vitamin.
- At the end of the procedure let it cool in the fridge and after a few hours your chocolate lip balm will be ready.
Orange and Cinnamon Lip Balm
Among the many DIY lip balm recipes, the one with cinnamon and orange is among the most popular.
In addition to being very fragrant, this recipe reminds of Christmas’ time and, with a little imagination in embellishing the container, this lip balm can also be presented as a Christmas gift. Here are the main ingredients:
- 1 tsp sweet almond
- 1 tsp shea butter
- sweet orange oil
And the process:
- Melt the beeswax and almond oil in a double boiler
- Pour in the shea butter and sweet orange essential oil.
- Stir until the mixture is perfectly liquid
- Leave it in the fridge, in the special containers, and wait for it to cool.
Our tip: create a gift basket by combining your homemade products
Lip balm with Shea Butter and Essential Oil
For lovers of simplicity, for those who prefer a homemade recipe to be prepared in less than five minutes, this is ideal. The main ingredients are:
The process is very simple:
- Equip yourself with containers, preferably with a metal cap.
- Pour two teaspoons of shea butter into a container.
- Add a few drops of one of the essential oils you prefer.
- Mix thoroughly until the product is creamy enough.
- Keep it in the fridge and after a few hours it will be ready for use.
Our tip: Experiment with color by adding some colored powder.
Are you preparing for a Spa night? Have a look at:
How to Prepare an Aloe Vera Mask
Coffee Face Mask, Natural Scrub
The Best Essential Oil for Massage
Avocado Face Mask, 6 Super Easy Recipes
How to make a Homemade Lip Balm
Vegan Beetroot Lip Balm Recipe