Are you looking for the best essential oils for snoring because you are tired of not being able to sleep as the person you share your room with is a snorer? Here our 5 Picks
It can be hard to sleep peacefully, especially when your roommate has a habit of snoring. The loud snores can even trigger your stress levels after a certain point. While snoring might not keep the snorer awake, but if it gets serious, it can be dangerous for that person too. So you must be thinking of a safe, non-allopathic way to help your roommate and yourself.
If that’s the case, you’ll be glad to know that some excellent essential oils can help treat this condition. If you want to learn more about the best essential oils to buy for snoring, you can check this article.
What to Know before Buying Essential Oils for Snoring?
Essential oils are super beneficial for your overall health. They are used to treat skin, sleep, and other problems. When it comes to sleeping problems, essential oils are again a lifesaver. There are several essential oils out there to help you with this. And on top of that, using them won’t have any adverse effects (unless you use them unwisely).
However, it’s important to know a few essential things before buying essential oils for snoring so that you don’t end up wasting money.
Quality of the essential oil
How well an essential oil works depends on how it is formulated. An artificial essential oil won’t have sound therapeutic effects and healing properties. When buying an essential oil for snoring, it’s best to always go for a naturally extracted option instead of a synthetic one.
Essential oils that come in clear glass or plastic bottles can go bad sooner. Moreover, sun exposure can break down the structure earlier than expected. So it’s best to always go for essential oils in black/brown glass bottles.
Lab verified essential oil blends
Essential oil blends are a great option if you want to use different oils simultaneously. But before buying a blend, you should always check whether it’s lab-verified or not because the ingredients in uncertified blends can be harmful to you.
Type of essential oil
Before buying essential oil, it is best to do your research and find out what it is most suitable for. While an essential oil might offer some great health benefits, it might not do as much for snoring relief. So it’s better to only invest your money in oil that targets your concerned problem.
The Best Essential Oils for Snoring
So without any further delay, let’s quickly dive in to explore some of the best essential oils for snoring so that your life can be made easier.
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links (as an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases).
Lavender Essential Oil by Sky Organics
Coming in at number one is this good old steam-distilled lavender essential oil. The lavender essential oil has been used for centuries to not only get a peaceful night’s sleep. And it is also considered beneficial for people who snore.
The lavender essential oil by Sky Organics is 100% pure and is free of synthetics and works wonderfully when diffused in air for aromatic therapies. It also has a relaxing floral scent. You’ll be glad to know that it is a lab-verified product, so it performs pretty well. This product is a multipurpose oil and can even be used in different DIYs.
Suppose you are looking forward to using lavender essential oil for snoring. In that case, you can use it after diffusing it with a carrier oil. After diffusing the oil, massage it onto your chest, neck, and feet to get relief from snoring.
- This essential oil has strong nerve-calming, antidepressant, anti-fungal, and other excellent properties.
- Besides helping with snoring, it can also help you get rid of insomnia and anxiety.
- A few studies proved that lavender oil diffused with a suitable carrier oil provides exceptional results for hair.
- It is also an anti-inflammatory oil, thus making it great for acne, eczema and other skin conditions.
Gya Labs Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme essential oil is also considered an excellent remedy to help people with snoring. It is widely used as a preservative in foods, toiletries, and even cosmetics. Gya Lab’s thyme essential oil is specially designed to promote easier breathing.
This best-seller essential oil is a pure therapeutic grade oil. It contains ingredients that are beneficial for a wide variety of conditions. This essential oil is sourced from France and it smells like fresh thyme with a subtle hint of other spices.
While you can use thyme essential oil on its own for snoring problems, you can also use it with carrier oils to even promote the process. To use it for snoring, you can take a little bit of oil (with or without being mixed with a carrier oil), apply it to your feet, and massage for a few minutes.
- Thyme essential oil yields excellent anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
- You can use it for different hair conditions, including alopecia areata.
- It also helps with acne.
- Gya Labs thyme essential oil can also increase your body’s natural defense mechanism and immunity.
- It provides congestion relief resulting in a decrease in snoring.
- You can also use it as a food preservative.
doTERRA – Eucalyptus Radiata Essential oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is well-known for its medicinal properties. In fact, many physicians in earlier times used the eucalyptus leaves and essential oil for treating medical conditions.
Eucalyptus essential oil by doTERRA is another Amazon Best-seller, which will make you realize how much people adore using it. It is a pure essential oil and has a peppermint-like smell, promoting easier breathing. It also provides some incredible healing and purifying benefits.
To use eucalyptus essential oil for snoring, you can diffuse it in the air. You can also infuse it with carrier oil and rub it onto your chest.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is excellent for clearing the chest and helps get rid of cough.
- It helps with snoring.
- You can use it to disinfect wounds.
- Eucalyptus essential oil can also help you keep the bugs away.
- It also helps get rid of exhaustion and helps you feel relaxed.
Handcraft Lemon Essential Oil
This essential oil is another fantastic oil often used as a home remedy. When it comes to uses, you must know that people swear by it to relieve exhaustion, fight acne, get rid of bacteria and viruses, and facilitate easy breathing.
The Handcraft Lemon essential oil is not only an Amazon best-seller, but it is also a 100% pure and natural oil. It also has a refreshing scent that can instantly boost your mood alongside preventing snoring.
The best way to use it for snoring is by inhaling it after diffusing it into the air. If you prefer, you can rub it directly on your chest after mixing with a carrier oil.
- Lemon essential oil is considered exceptional to help get rid of depression and anxiety.
- It also treats acne and can help improve the overall skin texture.
- It is excellent for the prevention of snoring.
- It relieves pain and helps you feel more energized.
- You can also use this oil to improve the symptoms of a cold.
NOW Marjoram Essential Oil
Marjoram essential oil is a well-known oil famous for its soothing and relaxing properties. It’s a warm, comforting oil that is often used for aromatherapies. This oil is ideal for dealing with mental stress and clearing the airways to help relieve signs of the sinus.
The Marjoram essential oil by NOW is a pure, premium quality which fulfills most of the claims labeled on the bottle. It contains no synthetic ingredients, thus making it one of the best options available. It also controls snoring by reducing the inflammation in the airways.
If you want to use it to help with snoring, you can diffuse it in the air before sleeping and leave it there while you sleep. If you wish, you can also massage it on your feet and toes to relieve snoring.
- The use of marjoram essential oil helps you get rid of stress and go into a state of relaxation and comfort.
- It can also help improve cognitive function and heal wounds.
- It also has excellent healing properties and can remove infections.
- Marjoram essential oil can help you with not only snoring but also sleep apnea.
- It also helps in dealing with muscle aches and spasms.
Now that you what are the best essential oils for snoring, it is also vital to know that sometimes even the best essential oil might not work for you. In that case, you should seek medical advice from an expert so that you can seek some suitable alternative to treat this condition.
More about Essential Oils?